Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Preview is not available for this page

Vote:

I am setting up a new EPiServer CMS 7.5 wegsite. Using Visual Studio 2013 and MVC 5.
I based the structure on the Alloy MVC Templates.

The homepage works fine if you visit it normally, but in CMS - Edit mode my page does not get rendered and when trying to preview the page the message 'Preview is not available for this page' is shown.

Any ideas what the problem can be?

Feb 19, 2014 16:26
Vote:

To connect a Page Type to a template (in MVC you use a Controller) you can do it the simple way: let your Controller inherit EPiServer's Controller base class EPiServer.Web.Mvc.PageController<T> where T is your Page Type and must inherit PageData.

If you need to set specific tags or similar, you also decorate your Controller class with the TemplateDescriptor attribute.

Feb 19, 2014 17:54
Vote:

The Controllers and the Page Types inherrit the right base classes. But still in CMS Edit mode nothing happens when you select a page. 

Maybe I've got some configuration errors or something, but I have no clue where to start looking.

Feb 20, 2014 9:28
Vote:

Found the problem, seems Glimpse was getting in the way...
Uninstalled the package and everything seems to work again.

Feb 20, 2014 10:03
Vote:

Ok, if you go to that Page Type in Admin mode and click Settings, is the correct MVC Template selected?

Feb 20, 2014 10:07
Vote:

Yes the correct template is selected

Feb 20, 2014 10:21
Vote:

Ah, sorry I didn't see your reply that you found the solution yourself :)

Feb 20, 2014 10:43
Vote:

Mark, Glimpse is able to skip some of the stuff. I just re-created your environment and Preview is available. Any more details on your case maybe can help me to create issue for the Glimpse?!

Feb 23, 2014 14:41
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.