Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

VPP Migration Tool error with newest NuGet packeges

Vote:

Hi

I am trying to run the VPP Migration Tool against a newly upgraded EPiServer site. I have upgraded it all the way from CMS 5 -> 7.5 and then put on the latest NuGet packages. After this I tried to run the VPP Migration Tool but I get this error message:

Could not load type 'EPiServer.BaseLibrary.Permissions.StoragePermissionAttribute' from assembly 'EPiServer.BaseLibrary, Version=5.2.375.236, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7'.

at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.SetupAssemblyTypeScanner()    at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationEngine.ScanAssemblies()    at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.Initialize(HostType hostType)    at EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationModule.FrameworkInitialization(HostType hostType)    at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.InitalizeEPiServer(String webConfigPath) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 52    at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory) in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\SiteProxy.cs:line 129    at VppMigrationTool.Util.SiteProxy.Initialize(String destinationPath, String virtualDirectory)    at VppMigrationTool.Converter.get_RuntimeProxyWrapper() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 52    at VppMigrationTool.Converter.FillSiteData() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 101

I have checked all the dll's in the bin folder of the site and matched them with the assembly references in the web.config and all looks good. Futhermore I don't understand why it is looking for this version 'EPiServer.BaseLibrary, Version=5.2.375.236' I have no idea where this comes from.

I really hope someone can help me with this as the upgrade project is stuck until it is resolved.

Mar 18, 2014 8:26
Vote:

I should mention that I have had to change the VppMigrationTool.exe.config file to even get the tool to run. I have added this section to the config:

<runtime>
  <loadFromRemoteSources enabled="true"/>
</runtime>

If I didn't insert this section I got this error when trying to connect to a site:

Could not load file or assembly 'file:///C:\Software\VppMigrationTool\VppMigrationTool.exe' or one of its dependencies. Operation is not supported. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131515)

at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly._nLoad(AssemblyName fileName, String codeBase, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly locationHint, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, IntPtr pPrivHostBinder, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadAssemblyName(AssemblyName assemblyRef, Evidence assemblySecurity, RuntimeAssembly reqAssembly, StackCrawlMark& stackMark, Boolean throwOnFileNotFound, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks)    at System.Reflection.RuntimeAssembly.InternalLoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence, Byte[] hashValue, AssemblyHashAlgorithm hashAlgorithm, Boolean forIntrospection, Boolean suppressSecurityChecks, StackCrawlMark& stackMark)    at System.Reflection.Assembly.LoadFrom(String assemblyFile, Evidence securityEvidence)    at System.Activator.CreateInstanceFromInternal(String assemblyFile, String typeName, Boolean ignoreCase, BindingFlags bindingAttr, Binder binder, Object[] args, CultureInfo culture, Object[] activationAttributes, Evidence securityInfo)    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)    at System.AppDomain.CreateInstanceFrom(String assemblyFile, String typeName)    at VppMigrationTool.Util.RuntimeProxyWrapper.GetSiteProxy() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Util\RuntimeProxyWrapper.cs:line 43    at VppMigrationTool.Converter.get_RuntimeProxyWrapper() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 52    at VppMigrationTool.Converter.FillSiteData() in d:\Builds\132\EPiServerCMS Modules\VppMigrationTool\Sources\C\TFS\VppMigrationTool\Converter.cs:line 101

--- Inner exception ---

An attempt was made to load an assembly from a network location which would have caused the assembly to be sandboxed in previous versions of the .NET Framework. This release of the .NET Framework does not enable CAS policy by default, so this load may be dangerous. If this load is not intended to sandbox the assembly, please enable the loadFromRemoteSources switch. See http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=155569 for more information.

Maybe this can help.

Mar 18, 2014 9:13
Vote:

I solved my problem by removing all old EPiServer dll's from the bin folder and rebuilding. The problem may have been helped along by the fact that we use Web Site Projects. But either way the problem is solved on my end.

Mar 24, 2014 8:13
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.