Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom prop for searching and selecting related pages in Epi

Vote:

Hi,

anyone knows if there is a custom property somewhere were you can select epipages from a search dialog or something like that?

Not like the linkitemcollection property, I want a quick search dialog to select (or drag & drop) pages into the collection.

/Fredrik

Apr 16, 2014 9:36
Vote:

Closest I could think of is the PowerSlice that Joel did. (http://joelabrahamsson.com/slice-your-episerver-content-with-powerslice/)

That with a ContentArea should work.

Else users could use the tree panel to get the pages they want. 

Apr 16, 2014 10:09
Vote:

I see PowerSlice is for Epi 7 only it seems...

Could I use a ContentArea for the pagetype, and build my own plugin window to search for pages, and I believe there is built-in support fpr drag-drop pages onto a content-area?

Then I can just use the content-area as a linkitem collection holder, and render the links programmatically?

Apr 16, 2014 11:10
Vote:

Yes using the ContentArea as a linkitem collection holder was the idea. As for doing the search bit, couldn't the EPiServer search with in the content tree work for you?

Apr 16, 2014 11:45
Vote:

Yes, it could work pretty fine, or if they want a more fancy search, it can't be too hard to build a custom tab on the right side pane for this?

Apr 16, 2014 11:59
Vote:

Give it a wirld and show us the results in a small blog post! =)

Apr 16, 2014 12:00
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.