Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour today (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Media library for images vs ImageVault vs other products

Vote:

Hello, I hope this gets posted in the right section but here we go;

Trying to assess what assets to use to render media on my Episerver 7.5 site, and I have a few questions:

- Does the built in Media Library have support for meta-tagging when uploading images or documents? can these be localized with fallbacks?

- What other options is there for Episerver 7.5 besides Imagevault as a media/image extension?

- Does anyone have a clue regarding the license cost of ImageVault?

Thanks a bunch!

Apr 02, 2014 11:40
Vote:

Hi Robin,

You should be able to find the license cost for ImageVault4 at EPiServers pricelist.

Please contact me or your contact at EPiServer if you need any more info concerning ImageVault.

Regards
//Torbjörn
Partner manager at Meriworks for ImageVault
torbjorn@meriworks.se

Apr 07, 2014 11:52
Vote:

Hi Robin!

Image Vault 4.4 for EPiServer CMS 7.5 was just released (http://world.episerver.com/Download/Items/ImageVault/ImageVault-44-for-EPiServer-CMS/). There will also be an integration with Celum DAM within a few weeks.

I dont know how Celum is compared to Image Vault but inside EPiServer, Image Vault has a deeper integration with custom properties where you can give alternative URL:s to images, for instance width, height or filters. It also has a custom assets browser.

Celum is a more straight assets importer that works with the new Media system. The benifit with this is that it should therefore also work with EPiServer Commerce out of the box.

Apr 07, 2014 16:34
Vote:

Excellent, thanks!

Apr 16, 2014 9:33
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.