Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Export language branch

Vote:

Is it possible to export just a single language branch? It may be from UI, programmatically, hacky through database, whatever solution..

Jun 06, 2014 10:56
Vote:

Backup, delete other language branches, export what you have, restore DB?

Jun 06, 2014 11:56
Vote:

Programatically you can create an instance of EPiServer.Enterprise.DataExporter. There you add the content items to export to property SourceRoots (you can specify if it should include descendents or not).

You can also specify which languages to exoirt by adding languages to property ContentLanguages (if not set all languages are exported). You should be aware though that the master language for each content is always included (since the "common" properties for a content is stored on the master language branch).

Jun 07, 2014 22:22
Vote:

Thanks! I'll try it out.

Jul 23, 2014 11:38
Vote:

Does the built in export in admin mode export all languages? Seems that it only does the masterlanguage. Or maybe it's the import that doesn't handel multi languages?

What I would like to do is export a structure in sv en en-GB and import into another site. Then I would like to convert those pages with the convert pages tool to some other types.

Is this possible? Have  Episerver some tool or do we have to build our own?

Feb 22, 2017 15:13
Vote:

The export in the admin mode exports the content with all languages and in the import side you can select all or specific language.

There is in the admin mode convert page type might it can help you when you will convert pages. 

Feb 24, 2017 8:55
Vote:

Yep found out. You need to be in 10.2 I think to get language handling in the export / import.

Tested it yesterday and it works great :)

Feb 24, 2017 8:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.