Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Block Folders dissapear after VPP migration

Vote:

Hey,

We are experiencing an issue in that the Block folders seem to dissapear after the VPP migration tool is run after updating a site from 7.0 to 7.5+.  Before we run the VPP tool we see the blocks and block folders, but after, they seem to dissapear, the folder structure for the blocks tab and media tab appear to be the same.  The blocks still exist and we can see them and edit them in the content areas theyve been added to, but we cannot find them in the Block listing gadget.  Any ideas?

Thanks!

Aug 25, 2014 19:28
Vote:

Hi,

I had the exact same issue, one of many issues with the VPP tool for this project. Why you can't see the block folder is most likely because of wrong settings in the episerver.config, those settings is now moved to the database. I found a useful post which helped me here:

http://world.episerver.com/Blogs/Eric-Herlitz/Dates/2013/7/Problems-finding-the-root-folder-for-blocks/

/Johannes

Aug 26, 2014 11:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.