Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Error in ImageService

Vote:

I have an ImageData content that has 3 different sizes, specified using the image descriptor attribute, ref:

http://world.episerver.com/Documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Content/Assets-and-media/Media-types-and-templates/#ImageDescriptor

The resized images are not created correctly, and this error message is located in my log file:

ERROR EPiServer.ImageLibrary.ImageServiceClient: Exception calling ImageService RenderImage method
System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x800703FA): Illegal operation attempted on a registry key that has been marked for deletion.

This error only occurs on our test server, I works as expected locally.

Any ideas?

Aug 21, 2014 8:55
Vote:

This also applies to EPiServer's thumbnails, when accessing a thumbnail EPiServer throws an error:

[NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.]
at EPiServer.Core.ThumbnailManager.CreateBlob(Uri thumbnailUri, Blob blobSource, ImageOperation imgOperation, String mimeType)

Aug 21, 2014 12:02
Vote:

The solution: run iisreset on the server :/

Aug 21, 2014 15:03
Vote:

Just had the same issue and indeed iisreset fixed it (for now).
I'm curious however to what causes this.

Jan 14, 2016 10:44
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.