Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Sorting with IQueryExpression for EPiServer Full Text Search

Vote:

Hi,

We are using the EPiServer Full Text Search in a solution for a customer. They want to be able to specify a sorting parameter that we can send to the SearchHandler to get the search result sorted from the IndexingService. Is it possible to do this? Is it possible to write a class that implements the IQueryExpression interface to do so?

Oct 19, 2015 11:32
Vote:

Just want to ask, did you find a way to sort in Full Text Search?

I need the same thing, but when I dug into the source code I found that there is no lucene sort object passed in when search.

And there is no sort syntax for lucene, so it seems that custom IQueryExpression is a dead end.

Dec 10, 2015 21:54
Vote:

Any update on this question? I'd like to do the same thing. Use IQueryExpression to sort search results on a custom field. 

Jan 06, 2016 19:27
Vote:

Hi guys,

Registered a support case with EPiServer on this matter and the conclusion was that this is not supported at the moment.

Jan 07, 2016 8:19
Vote:

Thanks for the follow up, Tore. I had also tried to game Lucene's scoring to sort by a custom field, but that didn't work out. Guess we can chalk this up to another selling point on Find. 

Jan 07, 2016 15:57
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.