Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS Edit mode

Vote:

Hi, 
I've a question about navigating on a page in CMS Edit mode. 
Is it possible in Episerver CMS Edit mode to call other controller methods without always loading Index method by default.

For example, if I'm on a new page called ContentPage, and I've opened ContentPage up through CMS Edit tree and
now I want to call out ContentPage controller other action methods in my  CMS Edit mode, it successfully loads the method and then it loads the Index method again.
Is it possible to cancel that action?

Best regards,

Dec 18, 2015 16:06
Vote:

Hi,

In Index action of Controller you can check if page in is in editing mode then do something else. e.g.

if (EPiServer.Editor.PageEditing.PageIsInEditMode)
{
//Do stuff for editors

}else

{

//Do stuff for front users

}

Regards
/K

Dec 18, 2015 16:12
Vote:

Hello!

What version are you using? There has been some reported bug that seems to be pretty much the problem you're having. Should be fixed now though.

Take a look at this thread http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=90047

/Kenia

Dec 21, 2015 13:15
Vote:

Hello Kenia,

Thank you for your answer. 

Yes that's exactly the bug. I'm using CMS.Core 9.5 and as far as I'm concerned, it's not fixed.  
But I've found another way to solve my problem. 
Hope you can fix that bug.

Best regards, 
A

Dec 21, 2015 14:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.