Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS 8 language branch problems (cache related, during startup)

Vote:

Hi

I've encountered a problem with language branches after installing CMS 8 upgrade. It occures with AlloyTech samplesite too.

It occurs right after the site has been started. Looks like during the first request Episerver fails to resolve the correct language branch when fetching pages. This likely populates the cache with invalid data and causes strange behaviour that's corrected later when the cache is refreshed with the correct entries.

The image below is one example how this occurs. Edit-mode shows the page name in wrong language at first. On the site the page is not displayed on the menu because IContentRepository.GetChildren can't find it - it's like the language branch isn't there. But when the cache is refreshed (e.g. by making a content save or reloading the page in edit-mode) the name shows up correctly and is found with GetChildren method.

Can anyone other confirm this behaviour? It's quite strange I haven't found other topics about it.

Mar 06, 2015 22:16
Vote:

The problem is present with the latest patch too (EPiServer.CMS.Core 8.1.0 / EPiServer.CMS.UI 8.0.1).

Mar 11, 2015 21:50
Vote:

Hi Jouni,

I have the exact same problem, did you find any soloution for this? It seems to be something wrong with the cache. We have several language branches aswell in a project. I've confirmed the actual page exists in all languages, but I can't fetch the page when I do GetChildren and specify my languagebranch. It also seems abit random. As you said, when you save or click the page in the pagetree, then the cache has been updated and I can get the page in GetChildren.

Have you opened a bug for this? This one seems smiliar http://world.episerver.com/support/Bug-list/bug/123201

I can confirm it still exists in 8.2 aswell.

Best regards

Edited, Mar 17, 2015 20:31
Vote:

I've talked to support about this issue. It's a known high priority bug, the development team is working on it. So hopefully it will be fixed in the upcoming weeks.

/Andreas

Edited, Mar 19, 2015 10:55
Vote:

Good to hear. Got a bit worried that we had created a mysterious random menu for a while... :)

Mar 19, 2015 11:22
Ted
Vote:

There is a bug reported for this, we have been seing the same thing - did a workaround by loading the different language versions through an initializable module. :/

Mar 27, 2015 17:53
Vote:

Seems to work with 8.4.0.0

Apr 15, 2015 22:06
Vote:

Seems to work with 8.4.0.0

Apr 15, 2015 22:06
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.