Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Scheduled Job - method not called

Vote:

Hello,

Here's an interesting one. I have a scheduled job that performs a set of processing and as part of this it calls some methods in a separate assembly (which I have control over but is compiled up and included as an assembly reference). On my local dev machine I can debug and see a method being called and performing the expected action (save a record in a database). I publish and deploy the site to two separate servers and on one server it works as expected and the other the expected action is not performed.

I have deployed a debug version of the code to the problem server and debugged against this, the method call gets hit but the action is still not performed.

All this points to an environmental difference, does anyone have any suggestions as to how I can trace the difference and resolve? I've compared the config files, the IIS site and application pool and aside from expected differences all is the same.

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Mar 05, 2015 11:36
Vote:

In case anyone is interested this was caused by an appSetting being used in the separate assembly and nothing to do with the EPiServer project!

Mar 05, 2015 15:34
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.