Unfortunately, there does not seems to be a prepared API for this.
Ok! Thanks! I might have a look at http://dojotoolkit.org/reference-guide/1.10/dojox/widget/Standby.html, but it would be sweet to trigger the native EPiServer one.
Edit for future reference: I think the refresh method in ContentPane.js might be a good place to look, it mentions posting the "Loading..." message. The loadingMessage seems to be the actual text to be displayed.
There is an overlay which EPiServer sometimes shows when loading content takes longer than usual.
Is there a way to trigger that overlay for lenghty operations that are triggered by an editor?
- Editor clicks a custom command button in the UI
- The loader overlay is displayed by the custom command
- A lenghty operation is carried out in the background
- The custom command removes the loader overlay
- The editor now knows the lenghty operation has completed