Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Link validator finds old links

Vote:

Hello,

I have a problem with the link validator in EPiServer (7.19.2) that it finds and tries to validate old links that exists in an older published version of a page.

The link status report shows many errors, but when i browse the page marked with error, there are sometimes even no links to be found on that page. But if i browse back in the version history of the page, i find these links but they are long gone and no trace of them in the published version.

Is there any settings for this or anything else that can be done to fix this?

// Christopher

Apr 02, 2015 12:01
Vote:

Almost my question exactly and u beat me by 5 min.

Apr 02, 2015 12:06
Vote:

To bad that we have not got any answer yet :)

Edited, Aug 26, 2015 13:01
Vote:

Accually I was able to solve this with the help of this forum thread that EPiServer linked me after I opened a ticket:

http://world.episerver.com/Forum/User-Forum/Functionality-in-EPiServer/Thread-Container/2013/10/Link-Status-Report-Wont-Clear/

Though I had to change the "LinkStatus=2" to "LinkStatus=7" or something like that. The links disappeared from the report and I haven't heard anything from the customer about it again, so I guess it was solved with that fix.

Aug 26, 2015 13:07
Vote:

Great Christopher!
Now I have learn something new, Arild is great!

Aug 26, 2015 13:19
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.