Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

how update a existing pdf in media

Vote:

Hey guys,

let say i have uploaded a pdf document in media section of EPiServer 8 and have used that file on 5 pages througout the pages in the tree..

If i want to update the pdf in media with a new document i cannot see a way to upload a new document. If i go to the media and right click on the file i don't see a way of uploading a new pdf. 

If i upload the new pdf to the media section, then i have to manually update all the pages to the new pdf and i don't want that.. Is there a solution i missed for this?

May 27, 2015 12:17
Vote:

Hi, you can update the current file by uploading a new file with the same name. Otherwise you can implement this functionality I blogged about recently: http://antecknat.se/blog/2015/05/05/create-new-version-of-file/

Best regards,
Erik

May 27, 2015 13:25
Vote:

Hi erik,

I will ask the client if upload a new file with the same name is sufficient for them, otherwise i will use your method in your blog. 

Thanks for blogging about it.. Very handy

May 27, 2015 13:50
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.