Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Enable Visitor Groups Button in Global Navigation

Vote:

Hi,

I'm sure this must be relatively straight forward but I've been unable to track down so far. We have a group of 'super' editors and we want them to be able to manage Visitor Groups but I can't find how to make this available to them - it only seems to be available to Administrators.

I've tried adding a location in the web.config and have checked in admin mode and I there is nothing in the documentation that I have seen that relates to this.

Any thoughts?

Thanks in advance,

Mark

Jun 04, 2015 16:31
Vote:

Hi Mark,

I believe it is controlled by one of the virtual roles. 

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/8/Security/Virtual-roles/

My guess is that it's the CmsAdmins role. Add your role to that mapped role and it should work.

Regards.

T

Jun 04, 2015 17:19
Vote:

Hi Toni,

But if I add my role to that virtual role won't that enable admin mode for the role? I wnat the role to access the Visitor Groups but not have access to Admin mode.

Thanks,

Mark

Jun 04, 2015 17:28
Vote:

One hack-y thing you could do is to restrict access to the admin location in web.config. 

/T

Jun 04, 2015 17:31
Vote:

Hello Mark

The two roles that control access are CmsAdmins (that is a virtual role as Toni mentioned) and also VisitorGroupAdmins. VisitorGroupAdmins doesn't exist by default.

So if you want to grant access you should be able to create a group called VisitorGroupAdmins and add your users to it.

David

Jun 04, 2015 18:02
Vote:

Hi David - that did the trick!

Thank you both for your help,

Mark

Jun 05, 2015 9:59
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.