Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Multi Site common pages

Vote:

I'm working in a new project for a big company C1 with 2 brands B1 and B2.  My requirements stands that I must have two websites, one for each brand.

I've defined a common SettingsPage directly under Root, outside the two websites, but I wonder if it's a good solution to specify some common pages (Cookies Policy, Private Policy, perhaps Search Page) directly under Root too. In general terms, is a good solution to specify common content directly under root, and how can I manage language issues for such common pages??

Thanks in advance

Jul 21, 2015 9:19
Vote:

Sometimes I've solved "common pages" by using "Fetch Content From" from a local page to the page under root.

Jul 21, 2015 12:45
Vote:

Thanks Alf, I'll try with "Fetch Content From", but I was asking a little more.....is this "the episerver way" to share some common content among various websites???  Are there alternatives???

Thank you for your answer

Jul 21, 2015 12:57
Vote:

I think this one is nice since you CAN set individual information on each local page.

If you're using content as "pages people browse to" outside a Start Page I think it's easy to mix things up.

Otherwise if it's only settings or similar you could use content outside the Start Page.

Jul 21, 2015 13:00
Vote:

Thank you!!!

Jul 21, 2015 13:06
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.