Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The form could not be sent to an e-mail address

Vote:

Hi,

I'm struggling to find a solution in the forums about my issue altho this seems to be basic one.

I have an XForm with the following settings:

• Form can be sent without logging in
  • Same person can send the form several times
  • Result from sending: Save to database

This form works without any issues. When a user submits the form, the system redirects to a "Thank you" page.

However, when I change the 'Result from sending' property to 'Send e-mail', the ModelState suddenly becomes false with the following error:

• The form could not be sent to an e-mail address

I have tried a couple of things:

• Added this to me web.config 
  • Setup the SMTP E-mail on IIS Management console using the same SOME_IP_ADDRESS value above

Both solutions didn't work.

I do know that I have the right IP Address as I installed an SMTP-client on the same server and was able to send emails successfully.

I'm running an ASP.NET MVC application using EPiServer 8.9.

Any help would be highly appreciated!

Thanks,

Nicola

Jul 26, 2015 7:52
Vote:

Hi Nicola,

Do you have smtp settings defined in web.config:

<system.net>
  <mailSettings>
    <smtp from="REPLACE_THIS">
      <network host="REPLACE_THIS" />
    </smtp>
  </mailSettings>
</system.net>

Does it work if you save emails on the file system:

<system.net>  
    <mailSettings>    
        <smtp deliveryMethod="SpecifiedPickupDirectory" from="no-reply@localhost.com">      
            <specifiedPickupDirectory pickupDirectoryLocation="C:\SomePath" />    
        </smtp>  
    </mailSettings>
</system.net>

Have you checked log files?

Jul 26, 2015 22:19
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.