Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Views not being found for add-ons after upgrading a site and using NuGet for add-ons

Vote:

I'm in the process of upgrading a site from 7.5 to 8.10. For the most part I think I am there but I've been having trouble with the add-ons I've been trying to install via NuGet - I get an error in trying to resolve the views:

The view 'Index' or its master was not found or no view engine supports the searched locations. The following locations were searched:
/EPiServer/EPiServer.Social/Views/Overview/Index.aspx
/EPiServer/EPiServer.Social/Views/Shared/Index.aspx
/EPiServer/EPiServer.Social/Views/Overview/Index.ascx
/EPiServer/EPiServer.Social/Views/Shared/Index.ascx
~/Views/Overview/Index.aspx
~/Views/Overview/Index.ascx
~/Views/Shared/Index.aspx
~/Views/Shared/Index.ascx
~/Views/Overview/Index.cshtml
~/Views/Overview/Index.vbhtml
~/Views/Shared/Index.cshtml
~/Views/Shared/Index.vbhtml

The site is built in web forms originally created in the episerver deployment centre. I was assuming the virtual path provider in the episerver.framework section is what controls some of this but I'm not really sure how the views get resolved.

At the moment I have:

And following the NuGet install of add ons I do see them under modules/_protected and I presume it should try resolve that virtual path to the view in the zip file of the package but not really sure. Any pointers would be gratefully recieved.

Jul 09, 2015 15:31
Vote:

Found the issue - my rootPath for public modules was set to something other than ~/modules/ setting as below fixed it. Didn't pick it up at first as I thought this was something different to the protected modules.

<publicModules rootPath="~/modules/"

Jul 09, 2015 17:47
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.