Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

EPiServer Edit Mode Blank

Vote:

Hi, when I open Episerver edit mode just the top links for Edit, Admin, Find, etc are showing, like in this question:
http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/-EPiServer-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2015/10/upgrading-episerver-9---error-in-edit-mode

Except I am getting a different error message in the java console:

dojo.js:15 Error: multipleDefine(…)
(anonymous function) @ dojo.js:15
_9 @ dojo.js:15
req.signal @ dojo.js:15
_f6 @ dojo.js:15
_7b @ dojo.js:15
_f0 @ dojo.js:15
_32 @ dojo.js:15
... and lots more like those...

dojo/parser::parse() error TypeError: Cannot read property '_noScript' of undefined(…)
(anonymous function) @ widgets.js:2
_2f2 @ dojo.js:15
then._2ff.then @ dojo.js:15
otherwise @ dojo.js:15
parse @ widgets.js:2
(anonymous function) @ (index):64
_c8 @ dojo.js:15
_36 @ dojo.js:15
... and so on...

The funny thing is that when I close Visual Studio, the problem goes away.

I had a tip that Web Essentials may be at the root of the problem.

But now after uninstalling Web Essentials, I am getting this error:

epi.js:2 TypeError: _91 is not a constructor

The error messages seem to vary though, but seems to always have something to do with dojo.

I cannot work like this, when I have to close down VS to see the Edit GUI, and then open it to do a little change, then closing etc.

Does anyone have a solution for this?

Oct 28, 2016 10:17
Vote:

I have quite a few plugins/addons, so I guess disabling them all and then enabling one by one may be a way to proceed.

Oct 28, 2016 10:23
Vote:

Disabling the addons I were allowed to seems to have done the trick. I will be back with the info once I find out which one was the culprit.

Oct 28, 2016 10:31
Vote:

I guess you have the "Visual Studio Web Accessibility Checker" extension installed.

Someone made a ticket for it in the issue tracker, but marked as closed and won't fix

http://world.episerver.com/support/Bug-list/bug/CMS-4215

Oct 28, 2016 10:46
Vote:

Ok it seems to the this one that causes the trouble:

- Web Accessibility Checker

Whenever Browser Link is enabled (and the WAC-plugin is enabled), the page preview (and sometimes also the page tree) is not shown.

I see that while I was typing this, someone else also posted the same solution.

So either disable Browser Link, OR disable VS Web Accessibility Checker, both wil prevent the plugin from interfering with the browser.

Edited, Oct 28, 2016 11:22
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.