Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Episerver Search indexing service is indexing everything

Vote:

I am looking into the internal search function in the episerver cms (v 9) and i have noticed that all of the text fields on all of my models (blocks and pages) are being indexed automatically. when i look at the files in [appdata]/index/main they contain the text for every string or xhtmlstring field of all my content.

I thought that i have to explicitly mark any properties with the [Searchable] attribute in order for them to be indexed but this doesn't seem to be the case.

Is this normal behaviour? has anyone else experienced this? It could be that there is a global setting somewhere that is causing this behaviour. If anyone could shed some light on this it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm using episerver search version 8.1.0

Oct 28, 2016 13:01
Vote:

Searchable is by default true so you only need to set it on those you do not want to be indexed

Oct 28, 2016 13:22
Vote:

that makes sense.

thanks for your help!

Oct 28, 2016 13:29
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.