Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Handling Property Indexes across Tabs and Required dialog

Vote:

Currently in solutions I build I've been giving starting the Order attribute at 10 for the first property on a tab and then incrementing it by 10 for each property to give myself room to slot other properties in between at a later later. This has been working fine however as the new dialogues required properties view doesn't maintain the tabs and just mashes every properties Order attribute together this has caused properties to display in the wrong order.

I have been toying with giving every tab a range, such as Tab 1 (10 -495), Tab 2 (510 - 995) to allow for the flexibility of controlling ordering and allowing addition later added properties but also maintaining the ordering. Obviously this also relies on having this match the ordering in the tab group definination to maintain consistency. 

My question to everyone is if there are any better solutions or anyone has a way of adding tabs back in to the required properties view as I really don't like the removal of them for the new item dialogue?

Oct 10, 2016 16:31
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.