Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Indexing service called not using EpiServer Search

Vote:

Hi, 

We are using Episerver Find and have 

But we get huge amount of log errors like this: 

System.Web.HttpException (0x80004005): The service '/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc' does not exist. ---> System.ServiceModel.EndpointNotFoundException: The service '/IndexingService/IndexingService.svc' does not exist.
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.HostingManager.EnsureServiceAvailable(String normalizedVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
at System.ServiceModel.ServiceHostingEnvironment.EnsureServiceAvailableFast(String relativeVirtualPath, EventTraceActivity eventTraceActivity)
at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.HandleRequest()
at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.BeginRequest()
at System.Runtime.AsyncResult.End[TAsyncResult](IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Activation.HostedHttpRequestAsyncResult.End(IAsyncResult result)
at System.ServiceModel.Activation.ServiceHttpModule.EndProcessRequest(IAsyncResult ar)
at System.Web.HttpApplication.AsyncEventExecutionStep.OnAsyncEventCompletion(IAsyncResult ar)

Does anyone know how I can avoid these logs? Is there some other function other than search that uses this service?

Kind regards, Josef henryson

Oct 31, 2016 13:56
Vote:

Hi Josef,

Were you able to resolve this issue? We are also getting the same exception on our production environment and we have removed all the IndexingService related entried from our web.config file. Please give some pointers about how you got rid of this issue?

BVest Regards

Rakesh

Dec 18, 2017 12:23
Vote:

Hi Rakesh, 

I'm sorry, it was over a year ago we had this issue. I don't remember exactly how we solved this, and I don't have access to the code at the moment. 

I believe we just filtered the logs (disabled some of the Epi loggers?) to exclude these kind of errors. It might also have been a configuration issue with system.web vs system.webServer, but I'm only guessing here. 

Hope you solve this. 

Cheers, Josef

Dec 18, 2017 13:58
Vote:

In Admin/config and Search configuration. Does removing all providers that doesn't use find in the list help resolve this problem?

Dec 18, 2017 16:17
Vote:

Do you have EPiServer.Search and EPiServer.Search.Cms nuget packages installed? You could try to uninstall those.

Edited, Dec 19, 2017 11:10
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.