Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

The WebSocket instance cannot be used for communication because it has been transitioned into an invalid state

Vote:

Hi!

We just upgraded a client to latest EPiServer version and see this erro rin the event viewer:

Exception information:
Exception type: WebSocketException
Exception message: The WebSocket instance cannot be used for communication because it has been transitioned into an invalid state.
at System.Web.WebSockets.AspNetWebSocket.ThrowIfAborted()
at System.Web.WebSockets.AspNetWebSocket.CloseAsyncImpl(WebSocketCloseStatus closeStatus, String statusDescription, CancellationToken cancellationToken, Boolean performValidation)
at System.Web.WebSockets.AspNetWebSocket.CloseAsync(WebSocketCloseStatus closeStatus, String statusDescription, CancellationToken cancellationToken)
at EPiServer.Shell.UI.Messaging.Internal.DefaultWebSocketHandler.d__7.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at EPiServer.Shell.UI.Messaging.Internal.PushMessageHandler.d__7.MoveNext()
--- End of stack trace from previous location where exception was thrown ---
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.ThrowForNonSuccess(Task task)
at System.Runtime.CompilerServices.TaskAwaiter.HandleNonSuccessAndDebuggerNotification(Task task)
at System.Web.WebSocketPipeline.d__9.MoveNext()

Websockets have been installed on the server.

Anyone else seen this error?

Oct 25, 2016 15:21
Vote:

Is this consistent? This can occur if at time websocket was not open.

Have you checked, If projects are setup and notifications are working?

Oct 25, 2016 16:44
Vote:

@jesper I'm seeing this as well. Windows Server 2012 with WebSockets enabled. Did you find a resolution?

@kkhan I see the projects toolbar at the bottom and changing projects refreshes the edit view. I can also access the project overview.

Nov 29, 2016 20:40
Vote:

Hi Jesper,

Have you solved it?

May 03, 2017 10:21
Vote:

Hi Jesper,

Sorry to awaken such an old thread, but did you ever figure out what the issue was? I'm seeing the same exception, in a load-balanced setup with Windows Server 2012 R2. 

Aug 22, 2018 13:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.