Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Content Area Properties in Block is not showing Browse / Create new option

Vote:

Hi,

I have added a Property of type ContentArea in a Block , But its not showing Browse / Create New option. Its only showing "You can drop content here."

I do not want to use IList 

Please let me know what changes is required here.

Thanks in advance,

Tanmoy

Nov 08, 2016 7:50
Vote:

Does the ContentArea have some UiDescriptor or any content type restriction?

Nov 08, 2016 12:12
Vote:

No UIDescriptor restriction.

Used the following properties

[CultureSpecific]
        [Display(Name = "XXXXX",
       Description = "ZZZZZZ",
       ShortName = "Content",
       GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content,
       Order = 5)]
        [AllowedTypes(typeof(YYY))]
        public virtual ContentArea ZZZ{ get; set; }

Nov 08, 2016 12:50
Vote:

If YYY is a page type I recall the Create-option doesn't show.

Nov 08, 2016 20:30
Vote:

Hi. I am investingating this further and I noticed behavior below.

When creating a new block from the asset pane I get the content area options viewed correctly, with both options "Drop content" and "Create new" availabe . But when I create the block from a content area  property inside a page or block, only "Drop content" is available. Notice that it is the same block type I used in both scenarios and I do not have any restrictions what so ever for required or allowed types. 

------------------ Definition of Content Area property used in both cases -----------------------------
[Display(Name = "Content Area TEST", GroupName = SystemTabNames.Content, Order = 5, Description = "this content area displays ...")]
public virtual ContentArea ContentAreaTest { get; set; }
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I this behavior correct? If so, is there an option to always allow the options "Drop content" and "Create new" inside a content area property inside a block? 

Thank you

Content Area Optins

Nov 11, 2016 10:45
Vote:

Hi Ayman, 

do you maybe remember what did you do at the end? I have the same problem. Also if you add the first block through asset pane, you can create new block directly in content area.

Nov 30, 2017 11:22
Vote:

Hi Ayman, 

do you maybe remember what did you do at the end? I have the same problem. Also if you add the first block through asset pane, you can create new block directly in content area.

Nov 30, 2017 11:22
Vote:

Hi. All being well with the configuration of your blocks then you should be able to add a child block - the 'create a new block' option will only appear when the parent has been published.

Jun 13, 2018 7:22
Vote:

Hi. Is there a workaround to create a child block before the parent has been created/published? It's a bit cumbersome now because after creating the parent, EpiServer is navigating to the parent page of the parent block.

Feb 05, 2020 15:11
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.