Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Editor with publisher rights should not be able to publish his own created pages

Vote:

Hello everyone,

I am wondering if there is a smart solution for the following case:

Three content editors are also publishers (have both rights) so that they can create, edit and publish pages. However, they should be allowed to create own pages but never publish them as publishers. Each content editor (with publisher) should publish only pages created by other editors.

It is any way to restrict publishing of own created pages? Creating user roles in CMS Admin seems to be not a valid option.

Thanks in advance!

Dec 21, 2016 15:17
Vote:

I think you would need to add some code to your project. I would solve it using the IValidate interface.

Dec 28, 2016 17:11
Vote:

If you decide to use validation you could look at implement IContentSaveValidation (available in cms10). It extends IValidate so that there is also a context available so you can see the current SaveAction (e.g. Publish)

http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Class-library/?documentId=cms/10/41AB842A

Dec 30, 2016 17:07
Vote:

Thank you guys! Yes, we added a validator as a solution.

Jan 09, 2017 14:32
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.