Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Shell.UI NotificationFormatter Error while upgrading to EPiServer 10.3

Vote:

Hi,

I am working on EPiSerer 9.12 CMS project hosted on Azure Cloud. I tried to upgrade my application to EPiServer CMS 10.3.0. I updated my database schema and when I ran my application it gives me error,

While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI" the following error(s) was reported:

- System.TypeLoadException: Method 'FormatUserMessageAsync' in type 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.Internal.ProjectNotificationFormatter' from assembly 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' does not have an implementation.

Exception Details: EPiServer.Framework.Initialization.InitializationException: While loading .NET types from "EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI" the following error(s) was reported:

- System.TypeLoadException: Method 'FormatUserMessageAsync' in type 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI.Notifications.Internal.ProjectNotificationFormatter' from assembly 'EPiServer.Cms.Shell.UI, Version=10.2.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=8fe83dea738b45b7' does not have an implementation.

Could anyone help me out what exactly the probelm is.

Thanks in advance.

Best Regards,

Sanket Mahimkar

Dec 27, 2016 13:38
Vote:

Hello Sanket, 

try checking the config files for the binding redirects and other entries,it might not be updated properly after the CMS update

Dec 27, 2016 14:32
Vote:

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply. I tried checking the config file and upgrading new application to 10.3 with failure. New application also shows same error.I think there must be some configurational chnages needs to be done befiore or after upgrading.

Regards,

Sanket Mahimkar

Dec 27, 2016 16:24
Vote:

Got solved. 

CMS 10.3.0 had the wrong CMS UI dependency (10.2.0 instead of 10.3.0) and has now been updated.
http://nuget.episerver.com/en/OtherPages/Package/?packageId=EPiServer.CMS&packageVersion=10.3.0

http://world.episerver.com/forum/developer-forum/Problems-and-bugs/Thread-Container/2016/12/projectnotificationformatter-error-while-upgrading-cms-to-10.3/

Regards,

Sanket Mahimkar

Dec 28, 2016 9:45
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.