Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Disable language branches including pages

Vote:

Hello!

Currently you can disable a website language in admin mode. However the pages for this branch are still active and are accessible. Any way to disable the branch including all pages in that branch? 

Note: I dont want to delete the pages since they hold important content. I just want people to not be able to navigate to them when the website language is disabled. Also there is quite alot of pages so going one by one and unpublishing them is not a good option for me. 

Thanks in advance Jonas.C

Feb 02, 2016 16:24
Vote:

Nevermind i found the solution, You first disable the language branch in website languages. Then you go into version gadget in episerver UI and check "Show content in [language] only". 

Edited, Feb 02, 2016 16:48
Vote:

Setting in admin (manage website languages) affects the visitors. To shut down editors from creating pages in certain languages you can set that on the site start page below tools and language settings.

Feb 02, 2016 16:58
Vote:

My goal here was to disable a language-branch in edit mode and make it so that the content in the disabled branch can not be navigated to by visitors without deleting the language branch or unpublishing pages. 

If you have two languages in your "Website languages" disabling one language there does the trick. Editors are no longer able to create content or navigate to this language in the "Sites" tab in edit mode. And visitors are not able to navigate to the content in this language branch.

However if you use three languages the problem starts. Even if you disable one language in "Website languages" as long as there are two enabled languages you will still be able to navigate to the disabled language content as a visitor.

The only way to make sure that visitors are not able to navigate to the disabled language content is to go to the version gadget and check "Show content in [master language] only" which is a misleading title since if this is checked, the disabled language cannot be navigated to anymore, but any other secondary language is still available for visitors and editors.

My problem is fixed now but iam writing this down for anyone else that uses more then two languages and wants to freeze a language branch and its content :)

Feb 04, 2016 11:22
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.