Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to make an Accordion Block?

Vote:

Hi,

Has anyone had any success in building a nice looking Accordion block in Episerver 8? Something that allows the user to add as many panels as they want and allows them to add text and other possible blocks in the panel?

Jon

Feb 10, 2016 10:22
Vote:

Hi, Jonathan,

I'd suggest taking a look into this blogpost. It looks like a good approach. Similar goes for any kind of sliders/accordions/carousels...

Generally, you'd have a content area with a page or block per slide. Then you'd render the content area properly and voila, here goes an accordion ;)

Hope this helps,

Marija

Edited, Feb 10, 2016 12:33
Vote:

I agree with Marija. 

If you have the accordion as a block also, it's worth considering using a link collection to hold the slides instead. You get the full drag n drop support now with Episerver 9 and you don't need to have blocks in blocks that might be a bit too much for some editors. I personally prefer to have only a single layer of blocks from an editor perspective. A matter of taste really...

Feb 10, 2016 15:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.