Vulnerability in EPiServer.Forms
Can anyone provide a link to or the steps to migrate an Episerver multi site from one server to another?
I am planning on exporting each of the sites data and importing them into the newly migrated site. I've deployed to code and have restored a backup of the DB on the new target server but when attempting to access the base site and begin the configuration of the other sites, I get the following error:
Attempting to go to the base site and not the Episerver backend results in the same error above. Did I miss something in the move to the new server?
Win server 2012; CMS 8.0; SQL Server 2012;
Are you simply copying everything from one server to another or are you doing something else as well?
If copying get
1. Www files (start by getting them directly from folder and not source control)
2. Uploaded files. Copy appData folder for modules and files.
3. Setup IIS roles and file access rights. Compare visually or if you have a powershell script to setup is even better...
4. Copy db and create new user. Add to connectionstring.config...
5. New license file.
6. Change site settings in admin to respond to new domain.
Something like that...?
So that is basically what I did. I don't think I'm applying enough of step 7 because I am getting the error still. It seems to be DB related but I am not sure what else to do. I've already restored from a functioning site DB twice.
For step 3. are there any special folder permissions maybe I've forgot to setup?
Normally read access for IUSR and read write for IIS_IUSERS on both www and appData folders