Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE - Update JS files

Vote:

Hi,

I am currently using Episerver 9 (the latest version) and I would like to update the TinyMCE Text Block control (WYSIWYG).

I would like to add a class and extra Markup to an External link which will tell Blind users that the link will open a new window and take them away from the site. in the Insert/Edit link option I can add a link Title but I would like to add extra markup.

I thought I could do this update in the TinyMCE Javascript file but as the site is version 9 and hosted on Azure I cant find these files.

Is there a way for me to make this possible?

Many thanks

Jonathan

Apr 27, 2016 15:04
Vote:

This must be a tricky one - even for the guys at Episerver  :)

jon

Apr 29, 2016 11:01
Vote:

Check out Marijas guide for extending the links and modify that a little

http://www.mogul.com/om-mogul/blogg/extending-episerver-link-in-tinymce-to-support-anchors-on-page

Apr 29, 2016 11:18
Vote:

There are just a very few good reasons to have links in open a new window so we usually train the editors to append the content, typically "link text (opens in a new window)", themselves in those rare cases.

For styling those links a CSS selector for target="_blank" is usually enough.

If you still need to modify the markup the save events or template rendering should work in this case since you don't need individual markup per external link.

Then maybe I would consider a TinyMCE solution.

May 03, 2016 20:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.