Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Epi 9 - Pages with language code do not work


After upgrade from EPi CMS & Commerce 7.5 to
CMS 9.0.3 and Commerce
I get issues with all pages with language code in URL.
Global page works fine and all pages can be modified in Edit mode.

I have tried with attribute strictLanguageRouting="true" in episerver.config but with no effects.


TTP Error 404.0 - Not Found
The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable.
Most likely causes:
    The directory or file specified does not exist on the Web server.
    The URL contains a typographical error.
    A custom filter or module, such as URLScan, restricts access to the file.

Things you can try:
    Create the content on the Web server.
    Review the browser URL.
    Create a tracing rule to track failed requests for this HTTP status code and see which module is calling SetStatus. For more information about creating a tracing rule for failed requests, click here.

Detailed Error Information:
Module       IIS Web Core
Notification       MapRequestHandler
Handler       StaticFileHandler
Error Code       0x80070002
Requested URL       http://SERVER/en-GB/Retail-offer/
Physical Path       C:\EPiServer\Sites\ZZZZZ\wwwroot\en-GB\Retail-offer\
Logon Method       Anonymous
Logon User       Anonymous

Jun 09, 2016 9:50

Is language en-GB active as language in admin mode?

Is it the default culture on the host? (check in admin mode)...

If it's marked as default culture, the url should normally be http://SERVER/Retail-offer/. 

For non default culture it should be http://SERVER/en-GB/Retail-offer/

with language segement. So there is a difference there depending on your setting...

Jun 09, 2016 10:29

The en-GB language is enabled in Admin Mode.

I cannot find default language setting in Admin Mode but in web.config we have entry:
<globalization culture="en-GB" uiCulture="en-GB"
Removing it does not help.

Jun 09, 2016 11:31
Jun 09, 2016 11:50

Culture was empty. But after set it only URL is changed (removed language code), behavior the same.

I did not mention that our upgrade path was 7.1 > 7.5 (website worked) > 9.0

And also we have many languages enabled.

Jun 09, 2016 12:00

If it works in edit mode but gives 404 for users, the most common problem is that you have pages in the wastebasket. Might be worth checking. Turn on Episerver logs on info and see if that helps...

Jun 11, 2016 15:45

My trash is empty...

I have logs enabled but nothing with the issue is logged.

I think it is conencted with virtual paths.

Also during Commerce migration I had to clear content of tblPageProviderMappings. I have backup of the table but restoring it does not help.

Jun 13, 2016 10:15
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.