Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Page property Localization

Vote:

Hi,

I have a site that contains 2 languages: english and hebrew. I build a Localizaitons.xml where I translated some page properties.

Base on user language I see the properties translated OK.

What I want is that if my user has English set in profile, but he goes to the site in hebew and tries to edit a page, the properties from edit mode to be displayed in Hebew and not in english as it is now. 

Can you please tell me how can I achieve this?

Thanks,

Bogdan

Jun 06, 2016 16:32
Vote:

Not in any easy way except ask him to switch language. Not that I know of at least...

You can probably override some language resolving for editors of you really need to...

What happens if editor has not chosen system language?

Edited, Jun 06, 2016 17:23
Vote:

Welll if no language is choosen currently english resource is shown, but the idea is if editor chooses the hebrew version of a page I want him to see the page properties in hebew in edit mode.

Jun 06, 2016 18:57
Vote:

Yup, I understand. Don't think that will work out of the box if you don't override some of Episervers language resolving for editors which is a bit messy. 

A funny way to solve it is to register your own LocalizationProvider that inherits from the standard, check the current language of page, and fetch the item in that language instead. Just because you can solve it however doesn't mean you should. Maintaining the solution will be more difficult and you can introduce pretty funny bugs that won't be easy to fix... :)

If you still want to, let me know and I'll see if I can fix some example code...

Jun 07, 2016 8:43
Vote:

Hi Daniel, it will be great if you can send me some samples.

Jun 07, 2016 15:49
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.