Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Detect circular references?

Vote:

Hi!

Does anyone know how to detect possible circular references?

Found this post

http://world.episerver.com/Modules/Forum/Pages/Thread.aspx?id=31982

But it seems like it's for an older EPiServer-version.

The reason I ask is because we currently have a process (w3wp.exe) wreaking havoc on the server.

Sep 26, 2016 14:17
Vote:

What errors do you get? Or is it just rebooting all the time?

Sep 26, 2016 15:36
Vote:

We're not getting any errors but it takes like 1-2 minutes to load any page. Our web editors are unable to work because the page tree won't load.

It would be nice to find out whether or not it's crappy code that's causing the problems.

Sep 26, 2016 16:30
Vote:

Ok. Even without load from users?

That seems very very slow yes. Might be worth checking vs alloy site template on the same infrastructure to see if that might be the cause. I've seen some hosting companies that use low performance discs for SQL that make the sites pretty much unusable even without any load. 

If template site runs smooth enough you probably need some performance optimizations yes :)

You can check my blog post about building great Episerver sites for a few standard got-yas in that case

Sep 26, 2016 16:47
Vote:

I will do these checks

Does, EPiServer Admin (/episerver/CMS/Admin/Default.aspx) section is also equally slow?

Is your website have some blocking scripts that can be checked (Use Fiddler/Chrome to see time line)?

Do you have enough Memory on your server to deal with your application?

Do you have blobs on diffrent location in network, an network effects?

Investigate Logs, What kind of error messages you are getting in your logs?

Best Regards

Sep 26, 2016 18:45
Vote:

We're hosting EPiServer on our own servers and I trust the one responsible for the hardware that the infrastructure is sufficient. However, I read your blog post and contained some gotchas!

EPiServer Admin was also slow but at least I was able to load it.

I'm suspecting some scripts were blocking. We have some ads on your pages and for each time an ad is shown, a jQuery AJAX-call is made to a Web API method. Think something's fishy there.

Sep 27, 2016 9:07
Vote:

If admin is slow when you got low load on your server then you normally have an infrastructure problem. Checking CPU on webserver and sqlserver is usually a good start for detecting those. If they spike to 100% you normally have a problem.

Sep 27, 2016 9:42
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.