Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

TinyMCE EPI CMS 9 issue, blinking widget

Vote:

When scrolling in editing mode on a XHtmlString, with alot of content, the mini widget for tinymce, starts to go haywire!

the dialog blinks 100-300 ms  between the toggling, what i saw in the debugging console was the following

dojo.js:15 Uncaught TypeError: Cannot read property 'nodeType' of null
_29e	                        @	dojo.js:15
getMarginBox	                @	dojo.js:15
_getFloatingComponentSize	@	widgets.js:2
getComponentInfo	        @	widgets.js:2
(anonymous function)	@	_FloatingComponentEditorWrapperMixin.js:2
(anonymous function)	@	dojo.js:15
(anonymous function)	@	widgets.js:2

and if i check the timeline debugger in chrome i can see that the _FloatingComponentEditorWrapperMixin is triggering somekind of event.

is this a known issue?

ive upgraded episerver cms from 7 to 9 and can there be any underlying properties in the database for those plugins that make the functionality break?

there was some tiny mce plugins such as spelling correction...

\\Mårten

Edited, Sep 01, 2016 15:27
Vote:

After some more research, i found out that on the page it had to TWO PropertyFor agains the same property on the PageModel, which seemd to trigged the error on the CLE Editor, what i can see is that the rendering is used for different viewings(mobile/desktop), anyhow it shouldnt be printed like that, and i really think that the epi module(TinyMce/dojo) should break, when you are working with a non releated property.

Edited, Sep 02, 2016 10:56
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.