Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Edit Mode: Strange waste of space for default dijit div-elements

Vote:

Hi!

We're seeing a strange issue where the dijit containers in Edit Mode takes up a lot of space.
It looks like the inline styling for top has weird calculated values. Below is an extract from the generated HTML and a screenshot with issue marked and commented in red.
The areas affected are not part of our views but of course I guess we could still be the source of the issue.

Screenshot

It happens from time to time, not really consistently, but it is frequent enough to be a bother for our customer.
I can't seem to find a right way to reproduce it on demand but it is present in development, testing and production environments.

Has anyone seen this issue before or can give hints regarding potential causes?

Episerver CMS 9.12.2
Episerver Commerce 9.24.0

Edited, Jan 17, 2017 14:06
Vote:

This is new to us, we haven't seen it before.

Do this happen in all browsers or anyone in particular?

Do you know if it happens more often on a particular screen resolution?

When they run into this problem do you know if it is after a full page reload (F5) or when they navigated to a content from e.g. the Page Tree?

Jan 18, 2017 13:48
Vote:

We have seen it only in Chrome so far although customer claims it to be "most prevalent" in Chrome, inferring that it also occurs in other browsers.

I've seen it using 1920x1080. Notable is that expanding the developer tools (docked as right pane resizing the viewport) resets the view and it all then looks normal.

It occurs on a fresh load and I have not been able to reproduce it through navigation only.

Jan 18, 2017 14:10
Vote:

This sounds very strange, we will keep an eye open for this problem. Right now we haven't been able to reproduce it.

Jan 25, 2017 8:03
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.