Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

DXC Service and SendGrid

Vote:

Hi. I've seen how you can configure SMTP server when using DXC Service (http://world.episerver.com/digital-experience-cloud-service/development-considerations/configuring-the-email-server/), and if I understood it right DXC Service is using SendGrid to send the emails. But I haven't been able to find out if you can use other functionality that SendGrid offers. We want to use template functionality etc., not just use SendGrid as an SMTP-server. Will we get access to a SendGrid account via DXC Service, or should we create an account our selves and use that as you normally would?  

Oct 26, 2017 8:41
Vote:

Hi,

You can only use SendGrid as an SMTP server unfortunately. So run your own service is the way to go. For the hefty price one would think we should get "real" access to all services, but no.

Edit: There's also a limit on how many emails you can send per month.

Edited, Oct 26, 2017 15:18
Vote:

Thanks Johan!

Oct 27, 2017 9:48
Vote:

Some more information...

You can submit a support request and get reports with delivery statistics for your subscription. I've tried this successfully.

Of course there is nothing blocking you from starting an own SendGrid subscription and get the full service on the side. If you do this; don't start it through Azure Marketplace, go through their regular signup. In a client case it was problematic to upgrade and add features with coming from Azure MP so in the end we had to start over completely on a new subscription.

An other important feature not mentioned is the domain setup you can do within SendGrid to get the sender domain to match the content of your e-mails.

Mar 08, 2018 8:56
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.