Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Is MARS (Multiple Active Result Sets) a requirement?

Vote:

Hi,

We've run a website without MARS for a while, but now it's throwing errors that a DataReader is already open and must be closed first. So, is Episerver tested without MARS or should it always be turned on?

Edited, Feb 07, 2017 9:19
Vote:

I believe it's required, I've had issues without it myself, ex. http://world.episerver.com/Forum/Developer-forum/-EPiServer-75-CMS/Thread-Container/2014/3/Exception-after-deleting-a-non-used-tab-from-admin-mode/, Johan Björnfot wrote to me that I have to make sure to have it set to true.

I don't think they would test this without a requirement/bug report, so it would be in the documentation... Probably :))

Feb 09, 2017 13:33
Vote:

Couldn't find anything in the documentation. But seems to be a requirement as per Johans answer in your thread. Thanks.

Feb 09, 2017 13:55
Vote:

Can't mark your reply as an answer :(

Feb 09, 2017 13:56
Vote:

Another bug on the world. 

I do agree that this should be a part of documentation. It's there when you install a website from a scratch, but if you are generating a connectionstring from server explorer in VS, you don't get it by default and you really need to know about it to add it back (or you hit a bug and realize).

Feb 09, 2017 13:58
Vote:

I'll ping Andrea about it, so she can add this information to the documentation.

Feb 09, 2017 14:01
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.