Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Restricting inline editing in Episerver CMS

Vote:

Hi Team 

Is there any option available to disable inline page editing  for CMSEditors ?  

We only want to give page edit option using smarforms?

thanks 

regards

Kalyan

Apr 05, 2017 21:00
Vote:

Is this Episerver or Ektron?

Apr 05, 2017 22:45
Vote:

Episerver. i am planning to use equivalent feature of smartforms in episerver

Apr 05, 2017 22:53
Vote:

I don't think there is an easy way to do this within episerver. When you say smart form I am guessing you want to hide the "editor mode" which allows in-context editing and display the "All Properties" view only?

Apr 06, 2017 0:10
Vote:

Hi Kalyan,

The following code disables on-page editing view for ProductPage (example from Alloy):

[UIDescriptorRegistration]
public class ProductPageUiDescriptor : UIDescriptor<ProductPage>
{
    public ProductPageUiDescriptor()
    {
        AddDisabledView(CmsViewNames.OnPageEditView);
        DefaultView = CmsViewNames.AllPropertiesView;
    }
}

http://i.imgur.com/4fqkOUU.png

Edited, Apr 06, 2017 0:42
Vote:

Excellent this is exactly what we are looking for, Just checking Is there a way inline-editing feature can be disabled for specific group?

thanks

Kalyan

www.techbubbles.com

Apr 06, 2017 16:05
Vote:

I think it does not make sense if you abandon inline editing for a group but this group still has permissions to edit inside edit mode. I think the best solution that fits for your needs is to limit by permissions.

Apr 06, 2017 17:58
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.