Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

How to Pass Parent page Property values to a Content Reference page.

Vote:

Hi,

I want to create a Chat app which should be visible on all pages and has some page wise properties. I have created properties in pageData which are for all pages.I have created contentrefernce for chat button in Root Layout which will get render on all pages. I have created new page type for chat window (as it should opne in new tab). Now, suppose when user is on pageA and he clicks on chat button, chat window should get open, I need to passsome of PageA properties to chat window page (like page specific welcome message etc).

How can I pass info from PageA to Chat window page?

//Sanket Mahimkar

May 15, 2017 14:50
Vote:

Couldn't you include the calling pagereference / content link in the call to the Chat window (querystring or what ever) and then just look up the page and it's data from the chat window page?

May 15, 2017 15:07
Vote:

Hi Sanket,

When Page A loads you can save off the properties that needs to be passed to the chat window in the cookie, cache, session or HTML5 storage. That way it will be ready for the chat window and one less call to the database. When the chat window loads it can read these properties. The only catch here is if the user loads two pages and clicks on the chat window it will take the properties of the page that was last clicked from.

Aniket

May 17, 2017 15:17
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.