Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Deploying to Azure App Service results in all URLs being made absolute rather than relative

Vote:

I am in the process of migrating my site to Azure App Service, incorporating automated build and deployment from VSTS (with code hosted in GitHub). I have got it to deploy fine (as far as I can tell), and I can access the site at its temporary URL (in .azurewebsites.net). It displays the home page fine, but all links are absolute (based on the official domain, not the current domain in azurewebsites). If I open it on my development laptop (using exactly the same configuration), the URLs are all relative. 

Example URL on the deployed site:

News & Events

Example URL on my local development machine:

News & Events

This must be a simple setting somewhere, but I haven't been able to figure it out yet. Anyone know what causes this issue?

Thanks,

Rudi

Edited, Jun 05, 2017 17:27
Vote:

I solved the problem. I needed to add the temporary domain to the list of host names under System Configuration > Manage Websites. I thought I'd already done that, but there was a wildcard host (*) in the list of hostnames which was causing problems and preventing the settings from being saved. Removing the wildcard host resolved the issue.

Edited, Jun 07, 2017 9:23
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.