Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Issue with CMS updation in load balancing server.

Vote:

Hi,

We are facing issue with CMS updations in loadbalancing servers.

If we are updating CMS data for a page in one server, it is not reflecting in other server. Because of this we need to publish pages in both servers if any content is changed.

Can you please let us know the solution.

We are using EPiServer CMS 7.5

We have added the below configurations in our web.config file

Even after this it doesn't work.

Thanks,

Manjeera T

Jun 06, 2017 10:49
Vote:

Hey,

You need to allow the Episerver servers to notify each other of cache invalidation via Events. In AWS you use SNS and SQS queues, see http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Deployment/Deployment-scenarios/Deploying-to-Amazon/ , read Cloud Website setup.  In essence you need to add the nuget package "EPiServer.Amazon.Events.AmazonEventProvider,EPiServer.Amazon".  If you are running in Azure, read http://world.episerver.com/documentation/Items/Developers-Guide/EPiServer-CMS/75/Deployment/Deployment-scenarios/Deploying-to-Azure-websites/ and look at the nuget package "EPiServer.Azure.Events.AzureEventProvider,EPiServer.Azure".  If you are hosting this yourself, then I think there is an Events package using named pipes.  I have only worked with AWS so the rest of the info maybe incorrect.

Adam

Jun 07, 2017 19:03
Vote:

I agree with Adam, hosting can definitely be an issue here.

I know of several hosting solutions, where you explicitely need to enable UDP messages, if you want to use the default setup provided by Episerver. You can see the address attribute in your configuration files for information about IP address and Port to allow UDP messages through (address="soap.udp://239.255.255.19:5000/RemoteEventService"). Please consult with your hosting provider, if this needs to be enabled, or if you need to find another solution as Adam suggests.

Regards

Anders

Jun 08, 2017 8:13
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.