Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom dojo property editor, get saved value from the server

Vote:

Hello,

I am having problems getting the property value from the server after it has been changed in the "OnSaving" event on the server.
Is there a way to get the updated value when a custom property with a dojo editor is saved("onChange(newValue)" is called) and the value is changed in the "OnSaving" event on the server?

/Peter

Aug 31, 2017 10:32
Vote:

Hi Peter,

Just so I understand the problem:

1. user enters the property value
  2. onSaving is triggered on the server
  3. the entered value is changed in the c# event handler

expected: ?

actual: ?

thanks,

Bart

Sep 06, 2017 8:54
Vote:

Hello,

Expected: The value changed on the server is returned to the client and the value on the client is changed or atleast returned so that the js can manage it.
Actual: The value is not updated on the client or the JS notified that it has changed.

In this use case its a third party custom property that contains a few hidden values that the client never see but is used in the JS. One of those is changed in the OnSaving event on the server.
I managed to get it to work without the updated value so this is no longer a problem in this case.

What is the expected behavior when a value is changed on the server? Maybe the error is in how the custom property handles changes.

Thanks,
Peter

Sep 06, 2017 10:02
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.