Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Your EPISERVER THE MISSING MANUAL book feedback?

Vote:

Hi folks,

I want to start learning Episerver and found EPISERVER THE MISSING MANUAL book on Amazon. Looks recent. However I can't find any information or feedback on the internet about the book. Maybe someone here owns it? Things i want to know:

1. Content? Maybe someone can write/shoot index of the book?
  2. Episerver version book is about?
  3. Your feedback? I have 0 knowledge about Episerver and development practices with it, take this into account.

Well, thanks!

Sep 15, 2017 6:52
Vote:

I would suggest you to go with the official documentation instead, or even better, take a course from Episerver. I haven't bought and read the book, but it looks fishy to be honest. There is no information regarding the author, no activity on World forums, no blog, nothing whatsoever. I heard that the book was a straight copy and paste from the official documentation, but I haven't read it so I don't know if that is true. 

Edited, Sep 15, 2017 9:52
Vote:

This documentation is not published by or authorized by Episerver. Official documentation verified by Episerver is available in the Documentation section of Episerver World here https://world.episerver.com/documentation/.

Sep 15, 2017 12:18
Vote:

The one review of the book posted on the Amazon page says "I should have just read all the online documentation and articles about EPiServer."

Edited, Sep 15, 2017 16:36
Vote:

Thank you for your suggestions! :)

Sep 15, 2017 17:02
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.