Don't miss out Virtual Happy Hour this Friday (April 26).

Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

CMS Edit Mode Error

Vote:

My website is working fine now , but my user login epi cms system  edit web page was show error ( Page could not be loaded

The link you specified does not work. This may either be the result of temporary maintenance or an incorrect link. )

I setting EPiServerLog.config Log level : All , but not show any error .

Can you help me resolve this issue , thanks .

Dec 04, 2018 10:14
Vote:

What version of the CMS?

What link do you have?

What is the address set in the episerver config for the edit UI?

You need to give more information for us to be able to help

Dec 04, 2018 10:31
Vote:

Hi Hanrik :

My test environment :

OS Verions : Windows Server 2016 Std .

SQL Server :  SQL Server 2016 Web Edition .

CMS Version 11.4.0  .

My Edit mode url like this ( /EPiServer/Cms/#context=epi.cms.contentdata:///43&viewsetting=viewlanguage:///en ) 

I were enable aspnet error in web.config , but it only show  messages ( Page could not be loaded The link you specified does not work. )

Can you tell me how do enable message on edit moe ?  

Thank you     

Dec 05, 2018 6:00
Vote:

You should be able to see the errors in the event viewer in windows, do you see anything there (could be either error or warning)

Dec 05, 2018 7:16
Vote:

1. You should check your log files.
  2. You can open the browser console and try to open the link that returned 500 (open link and new tab). That usually gives quite good error message 
Dec 05, 2018 11:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.