Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Custom URL Rewriter Error in Episerver 8

Vote:

Hi there, 

I'm trying to upgrade an episerver 7.5 site to 8, and I've run into an issue where the custom URL rewriter that we have no longer works. 

We have some ghost tabs on a site, that list the team working on a business line, and this "Our-Team tab does not have any physical representation in the tree. It just gets rendered by the template that the tab is rendered on. 

This was still working in Episerver 7, but having changed the UrlRewriteModule to EPiServer.Web.RoutingUrlRewriteModule. Here's the relevant lines from the Episerver.config:

<urlRewrite defaultProvider="CustomUrlRewriter">
<providers>
<clear />

<add description="True custom url rewriting" name="CustomUrlRewriter" type="True.Aspen.Enterprise.Classes.Extensions.CustomUrlRewriter,True.Aspen.Enterprise" />
</providers>
</urlRewrite>

So it looks like the ConvertToInternal method of the Custom URL rewriter does not get called any longer. Can I keep it somehow? If not, is there any way for me to route to it? How? 

Any help would be appreciated.

Gabor

Dec 12, 2018 10:50
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.