Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Thumbnail requests keep going after picking image, slowing down the CMS

Vote:

When I open an image picker from a Url property in the All Properties editor and navigate to a folder with a lot of images in it, Episerver requests thumbnails for all of these images. However, if I pick an image for the field before the thumbnails are loaded the HTTP requests are not cancelled. Because there are a limited number of concurrent requests, users on a high latency connection sometimes have to wait upwards of a minute to simply select an image. There are close to 100 images in the folder, and while that is not optimal I think the requests should be stopped as soon as the dialog is closed. Is this something we can do, or should I report a bug for this?

Example pagetype that shows this behaviour:

namespace Test {
    [ContentType(DisplayName = "Test", GUID = "d8c26331-55c2-4d37-ab5a-4e0713b1321e", Description = ""]
    public class Test : BlockData
    {
        [UIHint(UIHint.MediaFile)]
        public virtual Url TestImage { get; set; }
    }
}
Dec 14, 2018 14:18
Vote:

Is there a reason your using Url instead of the standard ContentReference and UIHint.Image for picking images?

Dec 14, 2018 16:36
Vote:

Not really, but this is an existing site that's already been running in production for a while. As far as I can see there is no easy conversion from Url to ContentReference. Could this be the origin of this problem or?

Dec 17, 2018 10:01
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.