Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

language settings option greyed out on root page tools dropdown

Vote:

For some reason, the language settings option is greyed out on the root page tools dropdown. Does anyone know what could cause that?

The site has four languages - English being the Master, with German, Japanese and Chinese as well. Only sections of the site are translated, but they work fine.

It is fine on my local dev copy, which i run via IIS with a local hostname, rather than via VS (localhost:xxxx), but on the staging site and live sites the Tools dropdown option for "Language Settings" is greyed out!

Regards,

Marshall

Feb 28, 2018 17:51
Vote:

Hi, most likely it is because of access rights. The user you are using to login doesn't have 'Administer' access right to the 'Root' node (the Administer access right is required to manage language properties: http://webhelp.episerver.com/17-6/cms-admin/access-rights.htm?Highlight=administer)

So for example create user group 'ManageRootLanguage' in admin (Admin tab, Administer Groups).

Then set access rights for this new group (Admin tab, Set Access Rights), select the root node in the displayed tree. Click the add users/groups button and add the new group. You need to select the 'Administer' access right for the group. Click save.

Next add your user to this new group (Admin tab, Search User/Group) and save. Logout and login with the user you just added to the new group and tada, you can modify the 'Root' node language setting.

Feb 28, 2018 21:25
Vote:

Thank you very much Antti - of course it was something so simple - I logged in as full administrator and it appeared.

Thanks again

Marshall

Mar 01, 2018 0:07
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.