Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Customising the Frontend for the IList property

Vote:

As great as the IList property is, it seems to be lacking with it's front end implementation for certain properties in the backend, specifically content references. Currently when a content reference/URL property is used within an IList, the unfriendly URL string is output. In the case of using an image property within the IList, only the ID of the image is displayed. As seen in the following link: https://imgur.com/a/HReHt

Obviously this isn't exactly what CMS users would expect to see so any solution would be appreciated!

Thanks

Apr 13, 2018 11:02
Vote:

Hi, have a look at this blog post: PropertyList with images

Maybe that is what you are looking for.

Apr 13, 2018 13:46
Vote:

Hi Antti,

Apologies for removing your answer, I'm sure it was mentioned in the comments of that post about how to resolve the URL but it appears not.. Any other idea or clue on how to modify that fix for URLs rather than images.

Many thanks,

David

Nov 07, 2018 11:56
Vote:

Hi David,

I linked the post in the hops that it would at least solve your image issue (as that blog post shows how to show thumbnails of images). So you would need to create similiar formatter for image as done in the blog post.

The url issue is something different but perhaps similiar modification based on the linked blog post would solve your issue to display "friendly" url.

Unfortunately I don't have "here is the code" solution for you.

Nov 07, 2018 12:13
Vote:

Hi,

I just put together a solution for this based very closely on the "PropertyList with images" blog post. You can take a look here: http://jakejon.es/blog/showing-the-friendly-url-of-a-content-reference-or-url-property-in-a-propertylist,  hopefully it'll provide some inspiration.

/Jake

Nov 13, 2018 20:18
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.