Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

"For This Site" folder is not updating for different sites

Vote:

We have a multisite setting on DXC with " Use site-specific assets" turned on every site. But when I go to the folder "For this Site" of each site, the content never change. The content I uploaded to current site always saved to the folder of the first site we set up. Not sure why. Any idea of it?

Oct 31, 2019 14:49
Vote:

Hi Wendy,

Which Episerver version you are using?

When you created the sites for the first time, have you used the same domain for all the sites and then updated the domains?

Oct 31, 2019 15:11
Vote:

We have Episerver CMS 11. We started from one site, the donmain was created by Episerver(we call it a default site just to sepertate from other sites we setup). Then we added sites with our domain one by one. The "For This Site" folder points to the first site we set up not the default site by Episerver. 

Oct 31, 2019 15:45
Vote:

if it will be me, I will contact DXC support earliest, as It will be easy to investigate with having access to your environments. 

Can you please quickly check what happens with URL when you switch between multiple sites. there might be some issue in site setup as hosting headers.

Nov 01, 2019 15:58
Vote:

Thanks! I will contact Epi support. 

The folder will looks the same when you switch the site. When click on the folder itself, the URL will change to the first site. 

Nov 01, 2019 16:02
Vote:

This is what I was expecting, your user doesn't have access or might be just site settings. So you redirect to site 1 and therefore are able to see assets for the first site only.

Until then you can have a look

https://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/en/platform/folders.htm

https://webhelp.episerver.com/latest/en/cms-admin/access-rights.htm#SettingAccessRights

Please update us with your findings

Nov 01, 2019 16:12
Vote:

Thanks Khan! This issue was reported several weeks ago and this user has admin right at root level. We will recheck everything and test again. 

Edited, Nov 01, 2019 16:26
Vote:

After retest, the issue is cleared: the default site created by Epi and the first site by us  are sharing the same "For This Site" folder even though they are pointing to different start pages and with different theme.  This issue doesn't happen in the other sites we added.  We always use the default site to develop new sites then move it out. So we have no chance of using "For this Site" folder.

So, our solution will be: move the site under development out of the default site created by Epi into a new domain. 

Nov 05, 2019 18:31
This topic was created over six months ago and has been resolved. If you have a similar question, please create a new topic and refer to this one.
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.