Our monthly Virtual Happy Hour is happening today (Fri Feb 23)!
We have a multisite setting on DXC with " Use site-specific assets" turned on every site. But when I go to the folder "For this Site" of each site, the content never change. The content I uploaded to current site always saved to the folder of the first site we set up. Not sure why. Any idea of it?
Which Episerver version you are using?
When you created the sites for the first time, have you used the same domain for all the sites and then updated the domains?
We have Episerver CMS 11. We started from one site, the donmain was created by Episerver(we call it a default site just to sepertate from other sites we setup). Then we added sites with our domain one by one. The "For This Site" folder points to the first site we set up not the default site by Episerver.
if it will be me, I will contact DXC support earliest, as It will be easy to investigate with having access to your environments.
Can you please quickly check what happens with URL when you switch between multiple sites. there might be some issue in site setup as hosting headers.
Thanks! I will contact Epi support.
The folder will looks the same when you switch the site. When click on the folder itself, the URL will change to the first site.
This is what I was expecting, your user doesn't have access or might be just site settings. So you redirect to site 1 and therefore are able to see assets for the first site only.
Until then you can have a look
Please update us with your findings
Thanks Khan! This issue was reported several weeks ago and this user has admin right at root level. We will recheck everything and test again.
After retest, the issue is cleared: the default site created by Epi and the first site by us are sharing the same "For This Site" folder even though they are pointing to different start pages and with different theme. This issue doesn't happen in the other sites we added. We always use the default site to develop new sites then move it out. So we have no chance of using "For this Site" folder.
So, our solution will be: move the site under development out of the default site created by Epi into a new domain.