Try our conversational search powered by Generative AI!

Prevent hijacking Ctrl + Tab keyboard shortcut

Vote:

Hi, everyone!

Is it possible to prevent Episerver CMS from hijacking the Ctrl + Tab keyboard shortcut when editing a page in all properties mode? How might I do that?

I'm working with Episerver CMS 11.13.1 with UI version 11.21.7.

Edit: The shortcut is also hijacked in OPE, and probably elsewhere.

Edited, Oct 07, 2019 10:39
Vote:

Hi,

I am using the same version(see screenshot below) and I am able to switch the tabs using Ctrl+Tab button in chrome.

Which browser and browser version you are using?

Oct 08, 2019 6:54
Vote:

Thanks for looking into my issue.

You're completely right, it seems to be a browser issue. I'm using Vivaldi, which, seems to be the only browser with this problem. Since I'd never experienced this before, I sort of jumped the gun a little bit and thought it was an Episerver "convenience".

What happens is that Ctrl + Tab cycles the tabs in all properties mode when editing a page. If the left or right navigation pane is in focus, Ctrl + Tab will cycle the tabs there too. It does not cycle the tabs shown in Admin -> Config -> Plug-in Manager (shown above).

So it seems to be connected with the ARIA tab role property of the offending tabs. In any case, I'll look into whether there is a way of disabling this in Vivaldi.

Oct 08, 2019 10:55
* You are NOT allowed to include any hyperlinks in the post because your account hasn't associated to your company. User profile should be updated.